admin@icdalloys.com

Unit 46 Aldwarke Wharf Business Park, Waddington Way, Rotherham, S65 3SH

+44 (0) 1709 918 120

navigation

Titanium (Ti)

Titanium is an element with atomic number 22. A silver-coloured transition metal, Titanium exhibits low density, high strength and good resistance to corrosion from sea water and chlorine, and it has many compounds with advantageous optical properties. As a result, Titanium has found widespread usage in modern industry, with around 6.6 million tonnes of Titanium produced each year.

Around 90% of Titanium’s usage is as titanium Dioxide (TiO2), an intensely white permanent pigment used in paints, paper, toothpaste and plastics. Most of the remaining 10% is used to make structural alloys. Titanium alloys typically have a high strength-to-weight ratio, high corrosion resistance, fatigue resistance, good crack resistance and the ability to withstand creep at moderate temperatures. For this reason, Ti alloys are widely used for a variety of components including aircraft engines and frames, landing gear and propeller shafts. Titanium’s resistance to saltwater corrosion has also made it beneficial for many marine applications including propellers, desalination plants and military boat hulls.

ICD sources and supply in a variety of forms, including:

  • Pure Titanium solids / powder / sponge
  • Titanium alloys (Ti6Al4V… etc)
  • Ferrotitanium
  • TiO2 for pigments and slag refining
  • Titanium-containing scrap and revert

Atomic Number

22

Atomic Mass

47.87

Oxidation States

4, 3, 2, 1, -1, -2

Density

4.51g/cm3

Crystal Structure

Hexagonal Close-Packed

Melting Point

1941K

Boiling Point

3560K

E Modulus

116 GPa

G Modulus

44 GPa

Vickers Hardness

830-3420 MPa

GET IN TOUCH

CONTACT US

For more information contact our sales team on +44 (0) 1709 918 120 or email admin@icdalloys.com